Ethics in business relationships include both the external and internal relationships that develop around the organization. For
this assignment, you will focus on the internal relationships that develop inside the organization. Studies have indicated the
more positive the environment within the organization, the more productive the employees.
Research one or a combination of these job-related topics found within organizations: job discrimination; sexual
harassment; bullying or unsafe working conditions.
1. Briefly describe the issue.
2. Analyze the impact on overall morale, relationships within the organization and ultimately overall productivity levels.
3. Research a minimum of one company that was caught up in this type of issue.
4. What best practices might a company implement to avoid negative behavior within their organization?
5. How would you rate the ethical practices of the company that you chose (excellent, fair or poor)? Explain.
Your response should include an introduction, thesis statement, and a clear discussion of the questions/topics above. It
should be a minimum of two double-spaced pages. You are required to use at least two credible references. All sources
used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations and be cited per APA
You may find this presentation, “Thesis Statements,” a great resource for guidance in making reference citations:
Your essay response should be formatted in accordance with APA style. For step-by-step instructions for formatting a paper
in APA style, please refer to the CSU Citation Guide (http://www.columbiasouthern.edu/downloads/pdf/success/citationguide).
Instructions for formatting formal documents can be found on page 17.
Hawkeye Pierce and BJ Hunnicutt portrayed years of unethical situations on the popular show MASH. Through their comical depiction of these situations, the viewer might have been left with the impression that the unethical behavior was actually appropriate.
Share your thoughts about what can happen to a business if ethical standards are not taken seriously.