Throughout this course, you will be given assignments designed to help you plan a successful business start-up. For your first assignment, you will create a personal vision. This is an opportunity to examine what is important to you and to articulate the type of life that will bring you satisfaction.
Answer the following self-evaluation questions:
- Why do you want to start your company?
- What kind of business do you want to start?
- Are you emotionally suited to start and run my own business?
- Are you financially prepared to start my own business?
- Are you willing to invest the time and energy it takes to succeed?
- What skills of training will you need? Do you have them or will you need to take special training?
- Do you have what it takes?
- What is your biggest fear in starting a business?
It is not unusual to discover that some of your goals conflict with each other. In this case, you can determine priorities or compromise between the conflicting goals. Ultimately, the outcome should reflect how you want to live your life.
Write a robust Personal Vision Statement that expresses how you see yourself based on the self-evaluation. Ideas to include in the vision statement. APA format is required
- What is your Entrepreneur Quotient from the websites cited above?
- What are your passions and skills how do they fit in your venture plans? Does it fit with Mike Wroe’s advice?
- What are your top 10 keys to success? Explain.
- What are the top 5 reasons you will fail? Explain.
- Of the TED talk speakers, who would you most like to spend an afternoon with and why? What would you hope to learn from that time?
You must cite at least five separate sources from the online course material, For example:
In John Maxwell’s story about the mountain climbers, I identify with the ones who press on even if it is the less comfortable choice. I would be pushing the guide to start and would never want to stay in the lodge. What that tells about me is I do not want to waste the opportunity when it presents itself.
Use APA format. This assignment will require around a 1000 words.