Explaining System Performance Requirements
Refer to the readings Requirements and Developing Requirements for an IT System provided in Week 5, where the types of requirements are defined and examples are given. System performance requirements address quality (how the system must perform) and security. The areas listed are:
- Protection of data as it is transmitted and when it is stored
- User authentication
- Authorization of user to perform specific functions
- Data backup and recovery
Group 2: For this week’s discussion, Group 2 will post an initial response with:
- Choose one of the system performance or security areas listed above
- Put the area you selected into the Subject/Title of your posting
- Explain what this area means in terms of system performance. Use the definitions provided in the Week 5 Requirements reading. If you need additional clarification, you can search for other sources, but be aware that these terms are defined and used differently for other purposes; be sure you find explanations that support the definition provided in the Requirements reading.
- Explain why it will be important to the MTC Hiring System.